Peppery Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large green onions chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and chili powder. In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil; add seasoned chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, red onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Stir in the peppers and continue to cook until tender. Stir in coconut aminos then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Shred the cooked chicken with two forks and add to the skillet.
- Place kale in a large bowl; pour the warm chicken and sauce over the top. Top with almonds and then toss and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!