Mushroom and Oregano Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet add the garlic, onion, oregano and chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until onion is tender and chicken is brown. To the chicken mixture, add the remaining ingredients (chicken broth through carrots) and turn heat down to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp. NUTRITION: 329 Calories; 13g Fat (34.6% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 191mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!