Mushroom and Coconut Steak
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound beef steak sliced
- 2 large green onions chopped
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet until hot. Add steak slices; brown for 5 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, place remaining ingredients (green onions through thyme) stir to blend well; pour mixture over steak slices then place skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired level of doneness. Remove from the oven and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!