Mozzarella and Caramelized Onion Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Place burgers on the grill. Close lid and cook burgers for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until beef reaches preferred doneness.
- Layer, lettuce leaf, burger, cheese, onion, and avocado. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 478 Calories; 38g Fat (71.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!