Minty Shrimp and Carrot Spring Rolls
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8 leaves mint chopped
- Preheat grill, brushing with coconut oil, to medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste, and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp through lime juice. On the lettuce leaves, layer the carrot, avocado, shrimp and mint. Roll up lettuce leaves and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; season with salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!