Mediterranean Chicken and Cauliflower Salad
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rub chicken with coconut oil and salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Allow chicken to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the next 4 ingredients (lettuce through olives).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (lemon juice through thyme) and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 290 Calories; 16g Fat (49.7% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!