Marinated Lemon Maple Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- In a large resalable bag, place the first 6 ingredients (chicken through garlic). Place bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- On large skewers, thread marinated chicken. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Layer the lettuce, carrots, chicken and sliced avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 267 Calories; 9g Fat (31.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!