Grilled Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 pound rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 4 scallions thinly sliced (only the white and light green parts)
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 small red chili seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- On an outdoor or indoor grill heat olive oil over medium high heat and grill pork 6 to 7 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove, let rest and then thinly slice pork.
- In a large bowl, add pork, rice noodles, scallions, carrots, chili, mint, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, add lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. Stir to combine and toss with salad to combine and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Along with a big Spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use sliced portabella mushrooms in place of the pork, and omit the fish sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the rice noodles, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 517 Calories; 12g Fat (20.5% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 76g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 283mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!