Grilled Tuna Steaks with Rosemary Brussels Sprouts
- 4 small tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub tuna with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until tuna reaches desired level of doneness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (Brussels sprouts through coconut aminos) and cook for 10 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Serve Brussels sprouts over tuna.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky stir-fried baby spinach (heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute; gradually add 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach; continue turning with tongs until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste). NUTRITION: 337 Calories; 15g Fat (41.6% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!