Grilled Skirt Steak with Spicy Corn Salad
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels uncooked cut from about 5 ears of corn
- 6 small radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl, add steak, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoons olive oil and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add juice of 1 lime, remaining olive oil, corn, radishes, jalapeno, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until browned. Slice steak into thin strips and serve with corn salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 417 Calories; 25g Fat (53.8% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!