Grilled Skirt Steak with Chickpea and Olive Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 8-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sauté chickpeas and olives, rosemary, red pepper flakes and sea salt and freshly ground pepper 5 to 8 minutes until warmed through. Top with grated cheese and lemons zest.
- On a large plate, add flank steak, remaining olive oil and rosemary. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 5 to 7 minutes each side until browned. Slice steak and serve with chickpea salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Idaho potatoes topped with butter, sour cream and chopped green onions. Add steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant in place of the steak GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the chickpeas and cheese are gluten free. NUTRITION: 573 Calories; 35g Fat (54.4% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 859mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!