Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 small canned anchovy
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss the olive oil, salt and pepper and shrimp. On large skewers, thread the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and has grill lines on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers. In a large bowl, mix the shrimp and the kale.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and a salad of mixed baby greens, seeded/diced cucumber and crumbled Feta cheese tossed with your choice of dressing. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the anchovy, milk and cheese are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 248 Calories; 11g Fat (38.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 178mg Cholesterol; 327mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!