Grilled Lime and Sriracha Chicken Skewers
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lime zested
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 metal skewers
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, lime juice and zest, Sriracha, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a salad of torn Romaine lettuce, sliced green onions and avocado and orange sections, tossed with extra virgin olive oil and lime juice. VEGETARIAN: Use baby portabella mushrooms in place of the chicken. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the Sriracha is gluten free. NUTRITION: 287 Calories; 5g Fat (17.0% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 287mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!