Grilled Chicken with Tomato Bread Salad
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons juiced, zested, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cubed French bread (can be day old)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, zest and juice of 1 lemon and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add remaining olive oil, tomatoes, onion, garlic, zest and juice of 1 lemon, vinegar, bread, basil, mint, and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through. Cut into thin strips and toss with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar and French bread are gluten free. NUTRITION: 589 Calories; 15g Fat (22.7% calories from fat); 63g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 641mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!