Grilled Chicken Kabob and Feta Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- large skewers
- In a large resalable bag, place the first 6 ingredients (chicken through garlic). Place bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- On large skewers, thread marinated chicken. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Layer the lettuce, cheese, chicken and sliced avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven; turning once, until tender; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 253 Calories; 12g Fat (41.6% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!