Ginger Grilled Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut into 4 equal portions. Using a meat mallet, pound each piece to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 4 ingredients (broth through arrowroot powder); set aside.
- Melt the ghee and olive oil together in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until well browned on the outside but pink in the middle.
- Remove from skillet and place on a plate to rest, covering with foil to keep them warm.
- Stir broth mixture and pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour sauce over steaks and sprinkle with green onions.
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes – no need to heat the oven – just wash, but do not dry, medium-sized sweet potatoes and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until tender. Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 385 Calories; 26g Fat (61.7% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 764mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!