Fried Zucchini and Wilted Arugula Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 small zucchini thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups baby arugula wilted
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat into patties.
- Place patties on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meat reaches desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, mix the salt and pepper to taste with the zucchini slices. Coat slices in the melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. To the skillet, add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Layer fried zucchini, burger, arugula and avocado and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!