Crock Chicken and Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 pound nitrate free chicken sausages sliced
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces Greek olives pitted
- 1/2 pound artichoke hearts chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 cups chopped kale steamed
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee over medium high heat. Brown the chicken sausages on all sides and then place in a crock cooker. Stir in the onions through the broth.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the sausage is cooked through and all the veggies are tender. Stir in the parsley and serve over the steamed kale.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!