Creamed Mushroom Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops 1 inch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Rub pork chops with the next 5 ingredients on both sides. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Set pork chops in pan and cook on each side 4 minutes until golden brown. Cover pan with tight fitting lid and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms in a small skillet on medium heat and add the garlic. When mushrooms begin to wilt, add the chicken stock. Cook 2 minutes and add coconut milk. Turn heat to simmer and let cook until reduced by half.
- Place pork chops on a platter and pour over sauce to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with slivered almonds. NUTRITION: 414 Calories; 32g Fat (69.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!