Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small onion chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 7 ingredients (ground turkey through thyme). Coat a loaf pan with the coconut oil then press meat mixture into the pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients (cranberries through chicken broth); simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove sauce from heat and allow it to cool.
- Place meatloaf in the oven; bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and pour the cranberry sauce over the top. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover the top of the meatloaf with foil wrap and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and cooked in the center. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!