Coconut Citrus Chicken with Asparagus
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, add coconut milk. In a separate bowl, add the next 7 ingredients (coconut flour through onion powder) and stir to combine.
- Coat each chicken breast with coconut milk, then dredge in the mixture covering each breast well. Set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat, heating the coconut oil. Place the chicken into the skillet and cook for 8 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat the grill In a medium bowl, toss together asparagus, sea salt, pepper and olive oil, coating asparagus well. To a grill plate/basket add seasoned asparagus and place on grill for 5 to 6 minutes, or until soft; remove and set aside.
- Serve chicken with side of asparagus.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!