Cilantro Meatballs over Avocado and Kale
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup bone broth
- 6 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through cilantro). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Pour the broth over the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, toss in the kale and wilt. Serve warm over the onions and avocado and drizzled with the oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!