Chicken and Squash Stir-Fry
- 2 pounds chicken livers or chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients (chicken through almond flour).
- Coat chicken well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the chicken livers and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- To the skillet add the zucchini and yellow squash, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and cook for 15 minutes, until chicken livers are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 406 Calories; 18g Fat (39.7% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 997mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!