Chicken and Cauliflower Salad
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to HIGH. Rub chicken with coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH; place chicken on grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside to cool then chop.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, onion, cauliflower and chopped chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through thyme); pour mixture over salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 20g Fat (42.2% calories from fat); 56g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!