Chicken and Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded Brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and the salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the Brussels sprouts, almonds and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Everything is gluten free. NUTRITION: 343 Calories; 20g Fat (51.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 97mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!