Capellini with Grilled Zucchini and Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 large zucchini sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound Capellini pasta cooked al dente according to package directions OR angel hair pasta
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and grill zucchini 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden.
- In a blender or food processor, add garlic, almonds, 1/4 cup cheese, arugula, lemon juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, pulse until well chopped.
- Drain hot pasta and toss with arugula mixture. Top with grilled zucchini and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed asparagus. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the cheese is gluten free and use gluten free pasta in place of the regular. NUTRITION: 497 Calories; 20g Fat (36.2% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!