Burgers with Sauteed Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 3 ingredients (beef through garlic). Form beef mixture into patties. Heat grill to medium-high heat and place burgers on the grill.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until burgers reach desired level of doneness.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves and top with sautéed onion.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 493 Calories; 39g Fat (72.0% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!