Beefy Mexi-Toss with Avocado Crema
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium limes juiced, divided
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and cook until onion has softened. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a spoon, and cook until no longer pink; season with salt and pepper to taste, oregano, cumin and the cayenne. Pour half of the lime juice over the beef mixture, stir in the greens and then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixed baby greens and beef in a large serving bowl; top with tomatoes, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados with salt and pepper, and remaining lime juice along with the garlic powder, onion powder and coconut milk. Using a fork, smash mixture until only small lumps remain; drizzle over the salad and serve.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!