Balsamic Steak and Pineapple Skewers
- 1 pound steak of choice, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/2 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- large skewers
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients and thread each ingredient onto large skewers.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until steak is cooked to desired level of doneness and fruit and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 328 Calories; 24g Fat (64.6% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 47mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!