Bacon Goat Cheese Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until bacon is brown and crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined place.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, onion, walnuts, cheese and bacon.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Creamed spinach and a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the bacon, cheese and vinegar are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 640 Calories; 55g Fat (77.6% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 1401mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!