Bacon and Artichoke Stir-Fry
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups artichokes chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 large apple cored and chopped
- 1 large shallot diced
- Place chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium heat; cook for 10 minutes or until brown and very crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the skillet. Add onion, salt, pepper and artichokes; cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked bacon along with remaining ingredients (thyme, apple and shallot); stir to blend well. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of baby spinach and sliced red onion tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 557 Calories; 42g Fat (67.9% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1427mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!