Apple and Bacon Spinach Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 small apple chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, shallots, cucumber, apple and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 4 ingredients (coconut cream through honey) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 561 Calories; 45g Fat (71.8% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1385mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!