Warm Shrimp and Chickpea Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (if frozen, defrost)
- In a blender or food processor, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and zest and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute until combined.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and sauté shrimp 2 minutes, add parsley mixture, and chickpeas and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use chopped eggplant instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 491 Calories; 16g Fat (28.7% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 246mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!