Warm Citrus-Thyme Wilted Chicken Salad
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat skillet, heat the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center. Set aside to allow chicken to cool then slice.
- In the same skillet add in the kale through lemon juice and cook until the greens are wilted and the mushrooms are just tender. Place the sliced chicken over the salad, top with avocado and serve.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!