Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup halved grapes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 9 ingredients (poppy seeds through lemon juice).
- To the bowl, add the chicken and mix well.
- Spoon chicken salad into lettuce leaves and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 288 Calories; 16g Fat (48.3% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!