- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and remaining ingredients (onion through salt and pepper) and cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sriracha and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 112 Calories; 6g Fat (50.9% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 329mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!