Verde Pork with Cilantro Cauli “Rice”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. jar verde salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 cups Cauliflower rice steamed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 medium avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic and onion until soft. Add in the pork and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes per side to get a nice brown crust. Pour over the salsa and lime juice and then bring the heat to a low simmer. Continue to cook the pork for about 10 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and very tender.
- Serve the pork and salsa mixture over the cauli rice and top with cilantro and avocado.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!