Turkey Peanut Thai Stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat sesame oil.
- To the skillet, add the garlic, and turkey.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 8 ingredients (chicken broth through soy sauce) and stir.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth, curry paste, and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 430 Calories; 10g Fat (22.1% calories from fat); 63g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 817mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!