Turkey Herb Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the pot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the turkey and cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is brown.
- To the pot, add the remaining 6 ingredients (broth through ginger) and stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 366 Calories; 5g Fat (13.2% calories from fat); 65g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 782mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!