Turkey Apple Kale Salad
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large apple cored and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Rub turkey with coconut oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees.
- Remove turkey from grill and allow it to cool. Shred meat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together turkey and next 4 ingredients (apple through kale).
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through honey); pour dressing over the salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. NUTRITION: 410 Calories; 15g Fat (33.3% calories from fat); 51g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!