Turkey and Sweet Potato Burgers
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 cup peeled and shredded sweet potato
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Refrigerate turkey and sweet potato mixture for 1 hour (see recipe).
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potato and onion; cook for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (onion through flour) along with sweet potato and onion mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form mixture into patties.
- Melt remaining coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 10 minutes per
- side or until ground turkey is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad: Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste then toss well and serve. NUTRITION: 362 Calories; 22g Fat (54.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!