Turkey and Balsamic Mushroom Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 large avocado mashed
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through basil). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the vinegar and the mushrooms.
- Cook mushroom on each side for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Layer mushroom cap, burger, spinach and avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 315 Calories; 21g Fat (58.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!