Tomato Salsa Grilled Chicken with Asparagus
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound asparagus spears trimmed, grilled
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice chicken horizontally to make 4 thin cutlets. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Cover center rack of grill with tin foil and place chicken on top. Grill for 3 minutes and turn over. Top with a mixture of the next 3 ingredients (tomatoes through basil). Add parmesan cheese on the top and grill for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is completely melted. Serve with asparagus.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 157 Calories; 2g Fat (11.3% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 97mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!