Tomato Basil Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound shrimp medium, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 large head purple cabbage cut into fourths
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Paleo pure coconut wraps or use large Romaine lettuce leaves
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (coconut milk through garlic); blend well then pour mixture over the shrimp. Cover bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil; grill cabbage fourths for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; remove from grill and set aside on a cutting board to cool.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook for 10 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Shred grilled cabbage and place it in a large bowl. Add next 4 ingredients (cilantro through extra virgin olive oil); salt and pepper to taste then toss well.
- Assemble tacos by placing hot shrimp on the coconut wraps (or Romaine lettuce leaves); top with grilled coleslaw and roll up. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 417 Calories; 30g Fat (64.0% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 306mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!