Tomato Basil Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through basil). Form meat mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 3 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 5 ingredients (coconut milk through basil) and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. When the soup comes to a boil, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked to medium or medium well.
- Stir in the kale and spinach, cover and turn off heat. Let greens get tender for 5 minutes then serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.) & Side Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!