Thai Beef Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Cook rice
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear beef 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add beef and next 4 ingredients (curry paste through pepper) and cook on low for 8 hours until beef is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and basil.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chopped Baby Bok Choy/Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas Finely chop baby bok choy. Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp. VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with cubed potatoes. NUTRITION: 686 Calories; 41g Fat (51.7% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 385mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!