Sweet Pork Shoulder
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (coconut aminos through broth); pour mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is very tender. Shred pork with 2 forks and blend with slow cooker juices. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 440 Calories; 31g Fat (63.9% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!