Steak and Strawberry Salad
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear each steak for 5 minutes per side and then continue cooking until desired doneness. Allow them to cool then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: To a large food processor, add the next 6 ingredients (salt and pepper through olive oil); blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, spinach and romaine. Then toss in strawberries and cucumbers; arrange mixture evenly on dinner plates. Top with steak strips and drizzle with dressing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 524 Calories; 31g Fat (53.5% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 159mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!