Steak and Mushroom Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced steak
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups sliced wild mushrooms or use white button mushrooms
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 4 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large crock cooker, place the first 9 ingredients (steak through thyme) and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. To the crock cooker, place the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook for another 1 to 2 hours, until steak is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) & Faux-Tay-Toes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!