- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound asparagus spears cut in half (remove the tough woody ends)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh pecorino cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta cooked according to package directions
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Cook rigatoni
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté sausages, onion and garlic and sauté 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste, wine, tomatoes, olives and sauté 10 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta, grated cheese, and parsley and sauté 1 minute.
- Toss with warm pasta.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed Baby Greens Salad add mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, and sliced cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Omit pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure rigatoni is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 639 Calories; 29g Fat (41.0% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 956mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!